Similar Words to Stroke:
1. She figures this is a stroke of luck.
2. He had a stroke some years ago.
3. They stare at me, prod me with their scrubbed fingers, look grave, stroke their beards.
4. It's a great stroke of fortune being here at all.
Definitions of Stroke:
1. (sports) the act of swinging or striking at a ball with a club or racket or bat or cue or hand
2. The maximum movement available to a pivoted or reciprocating piece by a cam
3. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain
4. A light touch
5. A light touch with the hands
6. (golf) the unit of scoring in golf is the act of hitting the ball with a club
7. The oarsman nearest the stern of the shell who sets the pace for the rest of the crew
8. Anything that happens suddenly or by chance without an apparent cause
9. A punctuation mark (/) used to separate related items of information
10. A mark made on a surface by a pen, pencil, or paintbrush
11. Any one of the repeated movements of the limbs and body used for locomotion in swimming or rowing
12. A single complete movement
13. Touch lightly and repeatedly, as with brushing motions
14. Strike a ball with a smooth blow
15. Row at a particular rate
16. Treat gingerly or carefully