Similar Words to Sound:
1. I can barely hearyou. You sound funny.
2. I can't bear the sound of their awful screaming.
3. You make it sound real easy. But it ain't.
4. I suppose that's a good thing, but it does sound dull.
5. 'Then we were in Venice, drifting along in a gondola 'with the sound of mandolins coming over the water.
6. 'I was listening for the sound of his train.'
7. Makes it sound like a reform school.
8. We started off on a sound stage with chalk marks and prop furniture.
9. For a mild man, you sound vicious.
10. If I sound stridently female about Miss Drum Majorette, I don't mean to be.
11. Joe, would you turn that sound down a little bit, please?
12. How's that sound to you, Marcia?
13. First thing I do when I'm back on top l'll get that sound man.
14. You sound like one of those ads for eyeglasses.
15. The sound of the gunshot was very different from the sound of the fireworks.
16. It appears the word we couldn't make out had it's sound wave significantly clipped by whoever made this tape.
17. I lost the sound in one ear, altogether.
18. And I answered you with truth, but I made it sound like a lie to deceive you.
19. I didn't mean it to sound that way.
20. How did General Bogan sound toyou?
21. You might hear the sound ofthe engines just before the bombs drop, maybe not.
22. When we hear that sound the ambassadorwill be dead.
23. You make it sound like I'm on trial.
24. They are patriots, frustrated liberals or victims of blackmail whose emotional involvement weakens their bargaining position and destroys sound business judgements.
25. Would you consider it sound business for the German Government to pay 20,000 pounds to an unidentified amateur for a set of so-called 'secret' documents?
26. Right now, five years doesn't sound too bad.
27. Stop it! You sound like an echo.
28. They both sound exactly alike to me.
29. Besides, the sound will cover my footsteps.
30. Oh, the sound of male ego.
Definitions of Sound:
1. The particular auditory effect produced by a given cause
2. The subjective sensation of hearing something
3. Mechanical vibrations transmitted by an elastic medium
4. The sudden occurrence of an audible event
5. The audible part of a transmitted signal
6. (phonetics) an individual sound unit of speech without concern as to whether or not it is a phoneme of some language
7. A narrow channel of the sea joining two larger bodies of water
8. A large ocean inlet or deep bay
9. Appear in a certain way
10. Make a certain noise or sound
11. Give off a certain sound or sounds
12. Announce by means of a sound
13. Utter with vibrating vocal chords
14. Cause to sound
15. Measure the depth of (a body of water) with a sounding line
16. Financially secure and safe
17. In good condition; free from defect or damage or decay
18. Exercising or showing good judgment
19. In excellent physical condition
20. Logically valid
21. Having legal efficacy or force
22. Free from moral defect
23. (of sleep) deep and complete